LGSP3 [reviewed and discounted] – Meadow land in front of Todhurst and Back Lane (Track), Plaistow. Owned by the National Trust, it is freehold land part of the manorial waste from the 1935-1954 Slindon Estate. Acquired in 24 Feb 1950 under the will of Mr Frederick John Francis Wootton-Isaacson. Link: http://www.nationaltrust.org.uk/slindon-estate/ URN: 1065291
Adjoining this land across the highway, The Street, is the lower green (recreation ground which hosts the cricket pitch, pavilion and bowling nets). Access to the area is by public rights of way and Back Lane (Track) which is alongside – an historical twitten, frequently used to this day, between the Nell Ball housing area to the village centre.
LOCAL GREEN SPACE ASSESSMENT: LGSP3 – Meadow land in front of Todhurst and Back Lane (Track), Plaistow.
PHOTOS: All photos are courtesy of Mr. Phil Colmer unless stated otherwise.